Power Animal-Black Crow ?
 Moderated by: admin  

Print
AuthorPost
Paul91

Mana: 
 Posted: Wed May 28th, 2008 08:06 pm

Hi, everyone! :)

I've been noticing that black crows have been following me around...or maybe I'm just noticing them more for some reason. Either way, I feel they are of some significance to me in some way. I've heard of personal spirit/power animals, but does anyone know what the black crow means, specifically?

That would be great help, as I can't find any specific information online.

Thanks, dears!

Love and light~Px

atomic33

Mana: 
 Posted: Wed May 28th, 2008 08:31 pm

Not sure are you drawn to magic ?? white magic of course ??!!
My power animal is a golden / bald headed eagle ive seen it many times but not sure the symbolicness ( is that a word ?!) of it
Maybe courage as I lack it xx
I shall consult my book xx

atomic33

Mana: 
 Posted: Wed May 28th, 2008 08:36 pm

Hi Paul could only find Raven would you class this as the same thing ??

anyhoo it stands for protection courage and power

atomic33

Mana: 
 Posted: Wed May 28th, 2008 08:38 pm

seeing crowes denotes clear / straight talking ?!

Paul91

Mana: 
 Posted: Wed May 28th, 2008 09:05 pm

Thanks atomic~I've been asking for assistance in both clear speaking and protection. White Magic? Maybe-I have to look into it, but it's def. something I'd enjoy researching! Thanks again :)

If you find any other info on it, please share :)

Light and love~Px

Moonspell

Mana: 
 Posted: Wed May 28th, 2008 10:31 pm

Hi Paul, the crow has similar characteristics to the raven as they belong to the same family. In general they stand for protection, initiation and healing although they do have a trickster side! My husband has a raven as one of his guides.:) He can be very protective and knowledgable but things are always on his terms.

In Norse Legend, Odin had 2 ravens as his messengers, called Huginn and Muninn which translate as thought and memory. They used to go out and report back to him as to what was going on in the world. You might know about the ravens at the Tower of London, the hill that the Tower is on used to be called the White Mount and was dedicated to Bran the Blessed, who was associated with ravens. There is also the Morrigan - she is the Celtic Warrior Goddess and she is always depicted as a raven.

There is a website but I will have to find it and then post it for you.

If you have any further questions please do not hesitate to ask as the ravens are present in our lives.

Blessings

Moonspell

atomic33

Mana: 
 Posted: Wed May 28th, 2008 10:34 pm

Hey Moonspell does the Queen die if all the ravens leave ???
Have I got that right or am I getting mixed up lol ( dont take much )
whats supposed to happen if they all leave ??

Moonspell

Mana: 
 Posted: Wed May 28th, 2008 10:37 pm

Paul,

This is from one of the "Raven Family" sub-sites (some of it is tongue in cheek!):

"Crow teaches the lesson of Observation.

Crows are ever vigilant, observing everything that goes on around them.  They are fascinated by the comings and goings of every other thing in their environment.  This is not due to a desire to learn, rather a desire for the acquisition of knowledge.  Crows are nature's worst gossips and cannot keep a secret to save their lives.
In greek mythology, Apollo had a crow for a messenger.  Back then, all crows were white as snow.  But the crow delighted in giving bad news, so much so that Apollo got fed up and turned the crow black as night.
Crows also love the sound of their own voice.  They can talk for hours and hours about what the neighbours were doing last night and who they saw who with at the supermarket last weekend."

Blessings

Moonspell

Moonspell

Mana: 
 Posted: Wed May 28th, 2008 10:43 pm

Hi everyone, I do know quite a bit about white magic, so if you have any questions, please do not hesitate to ask. Also if you need any recommended books I can help.

Blessings

Moonspell

dee

Mana: 
 Posted: Wed May 28th, 2008 10:47 pm

OH HO paul.........have you been gossiping??? lol
kidding....I'm real curious though about this crow thing....how cool..HHmmmm....has someone been keeping you informed about things maybe?...I have to say I never notice them around....they do use them in movies alot....but usually scary ones. wow. in fact there was a movie I just saw on cable movie station from a year or two ago.......called...you guessed it...THE MESSENGERS......how funny.
so, paul, pray tell....what's going on! ? lol
Dee

dana64

Mana: 
 Posted: Thu May 29th, 2008 01:07 pm

I never knew all this about a crow unntil now my education for the day how interesting.. This is really neat Paul. My husband said he had a pet crow as a child he said they are smart. Blessings to you all.... dana

Paul91

Mana: 
 Posted: Thu May 29th, 2008 06:28 pm

haha, Dee~I don't know! But I don't feel like it's anything negative...like Moonspell mentioned, it feels protective almost.
Thanks for all the information! :)
Light and love,
Px

Multisingularity

Mana: 
 Posted: Thu May 29th, 2008 10:33 pm

Wow, This is amazing. I too have been noticing crows a lot lately. In specific I had a pair of crows follow me home from school one day, talking the whole way. They perched on a tree outside my house. They followed me for a good week or so. I havn't noticed them much lately, but for a good while I was very curious. I did some research on it, but didn't come up with much more than what has been said here. If you find any more information out, please let me know as well. Thanks - me -

namaste

Mana: 
 Posted: Fri May 30th, 2008 01:53 am

Paul91,

I suppose it depends on who you ask when you inquire about the significance of what a crow represents. I do know that the Native Americans have tales with different characters that are animals, reptiles, birds. For example the universe was built upon the back of a turtle. The coyote is a prankster. Owls represent death. It doesn't have to mean death in a bad way. It could mean the death of war or disease.

As for crows I don't know. I do believe that my mother communicates to me via crows. My dad via black capped chickadees. Birds brighten my world daily.

peace be with you,
paul

Faye

Mana: 
 Posted: Fri Aug 1st, 2008 07:16 am

Amazing I am always led to posts that are very helpful for me...

As I am in the process of healing my throat, I was advised to sing again (as I've always done since I was 3 years old or perhaps even before I was born, LOL) and to not be afraid to SPEAK my truth.

Paul91, by sharing your experience and asking your question, I have learned from you. Thank you. The Crow might have appeared to you when you needed it.

This magnificent bird has actually left me a feather, but because I had doubted, I didn't keep it. A week after, as I was crossing the street, a large black crow landed right on the middle of the street! And it looked at me and "cawed." I was not afraid but was reminded of the feather. And in that moment I knew the crow was trying to tell me something. I went on crossing the street anyway and it flew to the nearest tree and stayed there cawing until I passed. I knew then that this Power Animal has given me the gift of its feather. I have something to learn from this bird, as I heal my throat and Spirit so I could sing and speak my Truth again.

---------

Dee, this is for you:

The Eagle

The eagle is a sacred messenger, carrying our prayers to the Creator and returning with gifts and visions for the people. Eagle feathers aid medicine people in calling on this connection when they need to contact spirit for healing.

Eagles are majestic birds with a powerful presence. Although they can be social birds they do require isolation from human encroachment to breed in the wild. If a human strays too close or touches their nest, they are likely to abandon it. Both male and female incubate the eggs and share in the duties of raising its young.

The eagle is incredibly patient. Often seen perched in a tree maintaining the same position for hours at a time, eagle teaches those with this totem how to master the art of patience in every area of their life. Within the energy of patience "all things are possible."

Eagles are good at feeding themselves from the land and still soar to great heights in the sky. They teach us how to move through life without becoming attached to anything. They show us how to accept what comes our way and see everything as a gift from great spirit. They have excellent hearing and can hunt as much by ear as by sight. To those to whom eagle comes, the ability to hear spiritually and psychically will awaken

Eagles have sharp beaks and strong jaws. They remind us to pay attention to our speech and how it affects others. Our words as well as the tone of our voice should be examined. Eagle asks us to maintain a prayerful connection with Spirit, to keep our minds focused on what is important in life. Maintaining this attitude removes judgment from our consciousness. Without judgment we speak with encouragement and kindness towards others. Lessons associated with judgment are part of this medicine.

Eagles have excellent vision. Perched high in a tree they appear to analyze and observe everything. If Eagle has blessed you with its presence in some way, you are being given potent gifts of clarity and vision to use for the good of all people helping to bring forth the light out of the darkness. Eagle also serves as a reminder to those with this totem to communicate with Great Spirit daily so the gifts Eagle offers you can be utilized fully.

-----------

For those like me who have or is encountering the Power Animal Crow, hope this helps:

The Crow

Crows are very vocal birds. They are sly and often deceptive in their actions. Crows have been known to build false nests high in treetops to confuse predators. The height of their nests give them the opportunity to watch everything that is going on around them. Many cultures think of crow as the keeper of knowledge for nothing escapes their keen sight.

Crows travel in groups and make mischief in teams. As one crow explores something new, others will watch closely to see what happens and then learn from it. In this way they seem to always be in council with each other. They often raise a ruckus when hunters are around, warning deer and other birds. Crows recognize possible danger and always post lookouts when feeding---thier most vulnerable time.

Their language is complex and they have a remarkable voice range. Each caw has its own meaning. Sometimes crow warns of impending danger. Other times it signals a time to join in council and make decisions. Listening to crow can teach those with this medicine how to hear the truth of what is being said.

The striking black color of crow represents the color of creation. It is the womb out of which the new is born. Black the color of night gives birth to the light of a new day. Crow is a daytime bird reminding us that magic and creation are present in both. Their ability to shift between the known and unknown world indicates new journeys.

Because crow is adaptable to all environments and will eat almost anything they can survive in almost any situation. Crow is associated with magic, unseen forces and spiritual strength. If crow flies into your life, get out of your familiar nest, look beyond your present range of vision, listen to its caw and act accordingly.

For more information: you can google up Animal Guides and you'll be taken to a lot of wonderful sites.

Moonspell, you are very gifted! Thank you for sharing your wisdom with us! Bright blessings to you my dear sister!

NamastePaul, as always, you made me laugh. LOL.

Joy, my Love and God's blessings to everyone always!
Faye

Last edited on Fri Aug 1st, 2008 07:19 am by Faye

dee

Mana: 
 Posted: Fri Aug 1st, 2008 05:09 pm

Faye, I cannot thank you enough for the info on the eagle...SO much of it resonates with me ....I can't believe it......
thanks SO very much.......
Love Dee

Moonspell

Mana: 
 Posted: Sat Aug 2nd, 2008 08:46 pm

Thank you Faye for your kind words.

You are very gifted too.:)

Love and Blessings

Moonspell

xxxxxxx

Equanasia

Mana: 
 Posted: Tue Oct 6th, 2009 01:03 pm

Crow is the left-handed guardian. Crow knows the unknowable mysteries of creation and is the keeper of all sacred law. There are several species of crow. Raven is one of these and magpies are another. Crow medicine people are masters of illusion. Do not try to figure crow out. It is the power of the unknown at work, and something special is about to happen.

Crow is also the guardian of ceremonial magic and healing. In any healing circle, Crow is present. Crow guides the magic of healing and the change in consciousness that will bring about a new reality and dispel "dis-ease" or illness. You can rest assure when ever crows are around, magic is near by and you are about to experience a change in consciousness. Crow can give you the courage to enter the darkness of the void, which is the home of all that is not yet in form.

They are territorial and won't give up an area without a fight. They are loners, seeming to like to spend time to themselves.

If you have a crow as a totem, you need to be willing to walk your talk and speak your truth. You must put aside your fear of being a voice in the wilderness and "caw" the shots as you see them. Crow is an omen of change. If he keeps appearing to you he may be telling you that you have a powerful voice when addressing issues that you do not quite understand or feel that they are out of balance.
Crows are the bringer of messages from the spirit world, and is thought to dwell beyond the realm of time and space.
When you meet crow, he could be telling you that there will be changes in your life and that possibly you should step by the usual way you view reality and look into the inner realms …walk your talk…be prepared to let go of your old thinking and embrace a new way of viewing yourself and the world.

Crow is the sacred keeper of the law. Crow medicine signifies a firsthand knowledge of a higher order of right and wrong than that indicated by the laws created in human culture. With Crow medicine, you speak in a powerful voice when addressing issues that for you seem out of harmony, out of balance, out of whack, or unjust.

LavenderRose

Mana: 
 Posted: Thu Oct 29th, 2009 02:03 am

Paul91 wrote: Hi, everyone! :)

I've been noticing that black crows have been following me around...or maybe I'm just noticing them more for some reason. Either way, I feel they are of some significance to me in some way. I've heard of personal spirit/power animals, but does anyone know what the black crow means, specifically?

That would be great help, as I can't find any specific information online.

Thanks, dears!

Love and light~Px

Hello Paul,

The Crow/Raven is also a messanger between both the worlds/dimensions. A Crow/Raven helps in the transition from here/now to there/then. A Crow/Raven can survive most tough/impossible situation.

Maybe its a sign for you to listen, observe and learn the ways of a Crow/Raven... what is the question you've been asking the Universe when you encountered/noticed the Crows around you? :)

Blessing, Love & Light,

Hope this helps :)

Lavender Rose

p.s: and oh!... I've been told to mention that they are often misunderstood (Crow?Raven)

samfullwood

Mana: 
 Posted: Wed Nov 4th, 2009 02:06 pm

Hi there. I have also started noticing crows hanging around me and my work place. One of them sits and stares at me for quite a while before flying off. I feel like it is trying to tell me some thing. When I'm driving I feel like they are trying to get my attention, for example when taking my partner to work one day 1 flew in front of my car 3 times, backwards and forwards across the road.

At work there is one that sits outside the window looking in.  I wondered if it could be a spirit looking out for me or trying to tell me something. 

Can anyone shed any light?

Many thanks

Sam

Current time is 09:36 pm
Page:    1  2  Next Page Last Page  

home | services | products | angel books | angel message | angel readings